Old September 7th 19, 12:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Sirect Mount Brakes?

On 9/6/2019 6:42 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, September 6, 2019 at 2:43:00 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, September 6, 2019 at 1:23:36 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, September 6, 2019 at 6:16:13 PM UTC+2, Tom Kunich wrote:
I am seeing more and more manufacturers coming out with "direct mount brakes". Howe are these any different than any other rim brake?

Stiffer and more aero.

Lou

That's not an answer Lou, that is an attribute.

I can't tell by looking at them if they mount differently or are merely activated differently.

Direct mount to the frame -- thus the name "direct mount" brakes.

Yep, kinda like cantilever brakes, or V-brakes (which are a kind of
cantilever). Or U-brakes, ditto. But trendier. Ya gotta be trendy!

--
- Frank Krygowski