Old May 8th 17, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default 14 year-old Campy Record shifts like new...

On 5/7/2017 4:20 PM, wrote:
On 7 May 2017 19:53:26 GMT, Robert Latest wrote:

...after I properly re-sorted the spacers in the rear cassette. Duh.

robert

Just came back from a ride on my 30 year old Shimano 18 speed
equipped Raleigh Century. (all original including the tires -)

And me, on my 1986 Cannondale touring bike. Not all original - I
changed the brakes and built wheels to switch from 27" to 700c.

But the drive system is original except for replacing cogs and chains.
I was given a nearly full sprocket board, which has enabled me to keep
the freewheels going. I'll run out of cogs some day, but it's good for
a while longer.

--
- Frank Krygowski