Old October 31st 08, 07:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
sergio

Default Alps (2005)

On 29 Ott, 15:36, Tim McNamara wrote:

There are great choices from Briancon south, but the better choices for
riding into Nice are relatively indirect. *Jobst and Sergio would know
them better than I. *Here's my experiences in this part of the Alps:

Thanks for the compliment, but sorry to disappoint you.
In fact I have toured down there only once, back in 1975 I guess,
from the Italian border through Nice up to Bardonecchia.
I did not like it so much, to the point that I never went back to La
Bonette nor to Col de Vars, preferring more modern routes for my
vacations.

Instead, there is a place I like so much close to Briancon on the
valley of La Clairee, just west of Col de l'Echelle:
Nevache!
Check it out, by all means.

Sergio
Pisa