Old August 15th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
GrandTheftVelo

Default Trek X01/Bontrager Race wheels

CX is not nearly as hard on wheels as some people might imagine,

I agree with this on most grass courses. The one course I'm worried
about (where we also do practices) has a downhill section on a rutted,
rooted mtb trail which is fairly rough. Just this past practice
session someone dented a 32 spoke rim (probably bottomed out cause of
too little tire pressure) and another guy "perma-tacoed" (his phrase)
a ksyrium.

Also, the idea of spending big bucks on a CX bicycle is rather
anathema to the spirit of it, isn't it?

Perhaps, but it's only August and the cross bling is already out in
full force around here.