Old September 18th 09, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
OG

Default Andrew Curran

"Judith M Smith" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:30:48 +0100, Mike Causer
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:40:08 -0700 (PDT)
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

I was at a debate today between Andrew Curran and John Adams. It was
quite interesting: I think Dr Curran might be a useful ally in the
road danger reduction cause.

As an interventionist medic he is really looking for ways that he can
effect a reduction in the numbers of injured children he sees. He was
very open to the idea of strict liability as a way of making a
significant step change for the better in this regard.

This made the Radio Five news this morning, under the banner that the
College of Emergency Medicine want mandatory helmets for under-16s.

Perhaps they have been misinformed and they believe that they are
beneficial?

It does look like it.