Old September 6th 17, 08:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Jobst

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 11:35:44 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 9/4/2017 10:41 PM, John B. wrote:

Somewhere I read something about "Why are we are advised to NOT judge
ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to
judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics."

I think demonizing muslims happens much more often than demonizing gun
owners.

Seems to me the gun control crowd mostly asks for background checks and
bans on guns designed to kill people (as opposed to guns designed for
hunting). I don't see much call for jailing or deporting gun owners.

Supposedly, a majority of NRA members want better background checks. I
doubt that those NRA members consider gun owners lunatics.

You need to get out among them. One guy, on another group, argued that
all the gun crime in N.G. is caused by lax gun laws in W. Virginia.
When I asked him whether the "Sullivan" law in New York which made it
extremely difficult to buy or own a pistol had any effect on the Mafia
wars he argued that those statistics didn't count.

Or read about any of the schools shootings.... "if he hadn't had the
gun he wouldn't have shot them". Mull that over for a moment.

By the way, the numbers of persons killed in shootings in schools in
2015 was 19. the number of Teen's killed in auto accidents in 2015 was
2,333 and 221,313 were injured sufficiently to require treatment in
emergency Clinics.

But I will say that the guy that got into the Swiss Insurance company
hasn't triggered any great hue and cry to "BAN CHAINSAWS!" :-)

--
Cheers,

John B.