Old August 18th 03, 07:11 PM
Tom Keats

Default Which pedals: nylon or metal?

In article ,
(Luigi de Guzman) writes:

I've actually never seen anyone with nylon/rubber pedals and
clips/straps....

My most recent foundling acquistion actually came with rubber
flatties with clips. I subsequently bought a pair of straps
for it. I'm used to metal pedals myself, so the rubber ones
feel funny. Believe it or not, I even took the trouble to
overhaul the bearings in those cheap pedals. They're as good
as new, now.

at the moment, the next major bike-related buy will be a new 7-speed
freewheel (and maybe cables, etc) for the old Raleigh, then a schmidt
hub dynamo and associated lights for the 'home' bike....but the latter
might have to wait until I get enough cash together to fund it.

I'm all too familiar with that situation, myself. Nevertheless,
I've trimmed my wish list down to just one item -- a big whack
of money :-)

cheers,
Tom