Old January 26th 19, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Another nasty holiday season on RBT

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 11:20:17 -0800, sltom992 wrote:

On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 9:30:23 PM UTC-8, news18 wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 14:13:58 -0800, sltom992 wrote:

On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 11:36:14 AM UTC-8, news18 wrote:

Going back, there were plenty variations of memory chips. At one
stage,
that was how hardware received "code" updates. Using such shouldn't
have been an issue for Tommies Million dollar plus project.

You with your Cobol who doesn't seem to know that all of those cobol
systems were replaced by full systems written by Oracle and the like,

I hate to bust your bubble, but I know about the rollout of DBMS and if
I was to follow your method I'd be squarking how now one else in a
state government department could make the CASE data dictionary work in
a distributed way so it worked throughout the state. I was just told it
needed to be installed and set up and went on my merry way to the shock
of the Oracle guy who later turned up, expecting to have to do it all
and who only had to do the fine tuning. Shrug, it was just par for the
course when I used my skills.

Have another go and before you do, brush your teeth, It might make you
appear a bit more intelligent;
https://www.newscientist.com/article...lly-know-what-
causes-alzheimers-and-how-to-stop-it/

Believe or not I'm absolutely no impressed with software engineers.
Neither am I impressed with someone that doesn't do what I do telling me
I don't know what I'm doing. That simply reflects on your own
judgements.

Lol, when there is a pay packet involved, I don't waste my time either.
Far easier to leave them stew in their own juice. AFAIK,most of them are
still wage slaving.