Old November 9th 04, 04:41 PM
Frank Krygowski

Jeff Potter wrote:

I haven't had people almost hit me, so you do have a good point,
Frank. However, the roads are getting busier. And on one of our very
busy streets I do have a few cars pass me within inches.

Usually, that means you're riding too far to the right. When you take
more of the lane, they tend to go further around you. And if they
don't, you've got a bit of escape room.

I think
bright colors might help. ---Also an orange triangle 'distancer'
(scratcher!) that sticks to the left a foot would probably work but is
too dorky for me at this time.

If it makes you nervous to take the lane, you might try one of those
lateral flags. If you do, why not report back here? I'd be curious
about the results.

--
Frank Krygowski [To reply, remove rodent and vegetable dot com.
Substitute cc dot ysu dot