Old August 9th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
David L. Johnson

Default Is it common to have the wrong size seatpost installed on a newbike?

wrote:
Seat post keeps slipping even though the quick release is very tight.
Dealer wants me to replace the QR with a bolt. I can actually rock the
post back to front a bit. This has never been the case with any of my
other bikes, and I don't want to crush the tube if the post is the
wrong size. Post looks like 30.9, tube looks like 31. Should I look
for a 31 post or just crank down the bolt. Thanks for the help. Pedro

Looks like? The post should have the size indicated. You can find the
tube diameter on the web. Then you have something to work with.

--

David L. Johnson

The motor car reflects our standard of living and gauges the speed of
our present life. It long ago ran down Simple Living, and never halted
to inquire about the prostrate figure which fell as its victim.
-- Warren G. Harding