Old August 9th 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman

Default Is it common to have the wrong size seatpost installed on a new bike?

"Marz" wrote: Take the bike back to the department store/walmart/toysrus
you bought it from, get a full refund and then go to real bike shop and get
some real help. If it was a bike shop find another one.
I doubt that it came from a department store, Walmart or ToysRus. They're
not smart enough to come up with even a bogus solution like that. It must
have come from a bicycle shop--a sleazy one. If the mechanic/salesman
thinks that's the right solution, he's not worthy of the name. And if he
know better and still suggests a bolt, well, I hate crooks, liars and
cheats.