Old October 19th 04, 08:14 PM
maxo

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:03:31 +0000, jobst.brandt wrote:

I routinely give mine about 5-10 lbs more air than it calls for anyway.
Since you're not a heavy rider, km, why not over inflate a bit? Of
course I'm not running skinny tires, so YMMV.

That may work if you don't make any steep descents, but after you have
blown a tire off the rim, you may think differently about that. If you
don't ride in mountains then it's probably safe.

I like to descend and corner fast, and for that rock hard tire is not
ideal.

ditto, I recently switched to 700x28s on the roadie for that reason--I can
run the recommended max pressure, 85-90psi, and get nice
grip over the rough pavement around here. Skinnies have their place I
suppose, but I don't ride in ideal conditions and find cornering much more
comfortable on the slightly wider and softer tires. The ride is *much*
improved on the flats, and try as I might, I can't perceive any more RR
than a set of 23s.

If I lived in the desert with nice glassy roads then things might be
different...