Old June 18th 16, 09:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_6_]

Default The Great?

On Sat, 18 Jun 2016 01:38:44 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
.. .
[...]

And, here is The Great! Returning to the stage to entertain the

crowded audience of his admirers.

Truly, the message header indicates that his latest gem of wisdom was

dispatched from the wilds of Minnesota at 06:44 on the 16th day of
June. Just think of it. So early in the morning.

You have no idea of what my hours might be. But you are only posting for
your own amusement. Too bad it is not amusing anyone else.

And there is good old Dolly, up and at 'em, practically before

breakfast, as it were, to give us the benefit of his great wisdom. By
gorry Eddie, you truly are a friend of all mankind (and woman kind, to
be politically correct) to share with us your brilliance. Why, you
have actually determined that a "Bi" Cycle has two wheels.

Post content or get lost - you window licking, brother-fondling, jock
strap-slurping, rectal-gobbling, boil-chewing, ****-headed ****tard!

Good Lord, what is next? A "tri" Cycle with three wheels.

Post content or get lost - you window licking, brother-fondling, jock
strap-slurping, rectal-gobbling, boil-chewing, ****-headed ****tard!

But, it has been said that the older one gets, the less sleep one

requires, so perhaps The Great is getting on a bit. Can one imagine
it? Sitting there alone in his small, but tastefully furnished, hovel
just waiting for the next Usenet message to arrive?

Post content or get lost - you window licking, brother-fondling, jock
strap-slurping, rectal-gobbling, boil-chewing, ****-headed ****tard!

Like Publius Horatius Cocles he girds his sagging loins, prepared to

do or die not realizing, perhaps, that unlike his hero Horatius who,
was honorably crowned and conducted into the city by a singing crowd,
in a modern America his reward will be.... to be ignored.

Post content or get lost - you window licking, brother-fondling, jock
strap-slurping, rectal-gobbling, boil-chewing, ****-headed ****tard!

Ah well, old age is unfortunately the fate of most (the alternate is

worse) so should we descry it when it falls on the shoulders of The
Great One?

Post content or get lost - you window licking, brother-fondling, jock
strap-slurping, rectal-gobbling, boil-chewing, ****-headed ****tard!

No! As an elder statesman he should be respected... Well, except, of

course, his failing memory, or perhaps dementia, which causes him to
explain and explain again, daily, and sometimes even more frequently,
the "fact" that a bicycle has wheels.

Post content or get lost - you window licking, brother-fondling, jock
strap-slurping, rectal-gobbling, boil-chewing, ****-headed ****tard!

Ah well, perhaps it is not simply forgetfulness, but a physical

deterioration of the brain. What is they call it? Oh yes Alzheimer's
disease. Which it is said underlie 60 - 70 percent of senile dementia.

Post content or get lost - you window licking, brother-fondling, jock
strap-slurping, rectal-gobbling, boil-chewing, ****-headed ****tard!

Think of it, the poor old chap moldering slowly away with not a sole

to care for him.

Post content or get lost - you window licking, brother-fondling, jock
strap-slurping, rectal-gobbling, boil-chewing, ****-headed ****tard!

As Shakespeare wrote,

"He is deformed, crooked, old and sere,
Ill-faced, worse bodied, shapeless everywhere;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind;
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind."

Post content or get lost - you window licking, brother-fondling, jock
strap-slurping, rectal-gobbling, boil-chewing, ****-headed ****tard!

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

Goodness gracious, here's is good old Dolan... Back again to preach
his very own conception of Nirvana.

Of course, the poor old fellow still hasn't figured out that all of
his readers, at least in this group, know more about bicycles then he
does. Or to put it in different words. They know that a "Bi" "Cycle"
has wheels. Apparently Dolan hasn't yet, even in all his years,
learned that simple fact.

Or maybe they don't have bicycles in Minnesota. Too much snow perhaps.
Or lakes?

But perhaps it is just old age. After all, we all lose a little as the
years go by and one can only assume that quite a lot of years have
passed by poor old Dolly. Or perhaps it is just his life style that is
the problem. I have read that excessive alcohol consumption can cause
memory loss. Perhaps that is his problem. Sitting there at home, no
friends except for a bottle of booze, well. After all, who could blame
him.

No friends, no job, just sitting there waiting for the Social Security
check to hit the mailbox so he can get another bottle. Or perhaps he
is a wine connoisseur, a jug of Thunderbird is only a buck or two.
(Good Lord! I just priced the stuff and it is $5.00 a bottle. I can
remember when it was $0.50 a half a gallon)

His loss of memory may well be a combination of old age and excessive
alcohol use. With, perhaps, a little senile dementia thrown in. The
poor old fellow.

But in addition to memory loss he seems to be getting grouchy too.
Probably all those mornings after I'd guess. I can tell you that the
morning after a whole jug of Thunderbird is not something to wish on a
friend. Or an enemy.

So, here we have Dolan, a grouchy old man with an alcohol problem and
a touch of dementia. As Shakespeare has it

O, sir! you are old;
Nature in you stands on the very verge
Of her confine: you should be rul'd and led
By some discretion that discerns your state
Better than you yourself.
--
cheers,

John B.