Old August 1st 17, 09:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default New bike for Jay

On 2017-07-31 20:33, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/31/2017 4:09 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Well, I felt good enough to go out yesterday for a 55 mile ride with
about 20 miles of steady or rolling hills, during which time I drank
one 24oz bottle of Hammer Heed and a quarter of a 21oz bottle of water
-- plus a Cliff Bar.

My ride was about 40 miles, pretty hilly (for me), 85 degrees, sunny and
about 75% humidity. I used up two standard water bottles. I was
definitely ready for the big glass of orange juice and another bottle of
water at the end.

If "definitely ready" means you were craving liquids that is a sign that
you were quite dehydrated. Once in a while that shouldn't hurt but
pushing that far on a regular basis can result in long term health
consequences.

I simply avoid such situations by carrying excess. Usually I bring home
20-30oz of unused water or I give some away to folks who didn't carry
enough (there's lots of those).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/