Old March 16th 05, 06:50 PM
GaryG

"Maggie" wrote in message
ups.com...

Bill wrote:

[snipped]

http://www.timesunion.com/aspstories...StoryID=342295

What are we supposed to say about this article? In your opinion what
type of sentence should the 18 year old receive? We just had an
incident in our town where a young man ran down another young man while
recklessly speeding. One boy is dead and one boy's life is ruined
forever. They were friends. They were fooling around, it turned tragic.
Both the parents of the victim and the parents of the boy charged with
the crime are grieving. My son knew both of them.

In my opinion both lost their "children" forever. One buried, one now
in jail. If he serves one year or 100 years, he has to remember the
night he killed his friend. Both so young. They were friends, they
were acting like fools, in one moment so many people suffered. This was
not malicious intent. It was stupidity that leaves a legacy of pain for
all involved.

What should happen to the 18 year old that would make anything right
again for anyone? What should be his punishment?
Maggie

If the kid in that story had no history, and it was truly an "accident",
then perhaps he should get some mercy.

But this punk has a history of speeding, and racing on the streets, and now
someone has died because he f*cked up while chasing someone in his car at
twice the legal speed limit.

IMO, he should get a 7-10 year "time out". Perhaps he'll not be such a
dumbass at 28 as he is at 18.

GG