Old November 24th 11, 05:54 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default ANOTHER Brain Injury Caused by Mountain Biking

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Seattle...Suey-2011.html

Seattle Benefit/Film Premiere Mon, Nov 7th @ Chop Suey

by Lacy Kemp
Nov 3, 2011

Contour and the Pacific Northwest mountain bike scene are rallying
together this coming Monday for a benefit and fundraiser for Evan
Choltco-Devlin. Evan was recently riding in Peru and suffered a brain
injury after getting caught by the wind on a jump. If you live in the
Seattle area and don't have any plans on Monday we'd love for you to
join us at Chop Suey at 8pm. We'll be premiering the new 2nd Base
Films movie From the Inside Out as well as raffling of items from tons
of companies.

Donations from the raffle include product from:
Diamondback Bikes
Evil Bikes
Transition Bikes
Gravity
Fox Racing Shox (any fork of your choice. Zing!)
Oakley
Smith
Alpinestars
Kenda
Schawlbe
Big Mountain Bike Adventures
Recycled Cycles
Skullcandy

....and more. Tickets are $12 at the door. Chop Suey holds 500 people
and we'd love to get as many people to the venue as possible. 100% of
the proceeds will go to Evan's recovery costs. We're hoping to be able
to make a donation to the Olympic Dirt Society as well.

You can view more info on Facebook or buy tickets directly from Chop
Suey. The event is 21+.