Old September 4th 03, 01:35 AM
Stephen Baker

Default Sierra Club Goes Door-to-Door Now?!?

Sorni says:

Some female solicitor-type young person says, "I'm from the Sierra Club.
Heard of it?"

At the exact same time, a delivery guy walks up with my new digital camera
(!), so blowing her off with a simple "yeah, but I don't support 'em" was
extra easy.

I didn't even need the excuse of the delivery guy. i just told the one that
knocked on my door that I wouldn't spend a penny on the Sierra Club until they
had issued a statement apologising for their treatment of mountain bikers'
concerns.
She looked at me like I was nuts, causing me to think that she was possibly
some college kid trying to make tuition for this year. She picked the wrong
door....

Steve