Old September 4th 03, 03:26 AM
Penny S

Default Sierra Club Goes Door-to-Door Now?!?

Slacker wrote:
I didn't even need the excuse of the delivery guy. i just told the
one that knocked on my door that I wouldn't spend a penny on the
Sierra Club until they had issued a statement apologising for their
treatment of mountain bikers' concerns.

Steve

What did or didn't they do?

sierra club supports the creation of more wilderness ( closed to bike)
areas, closing off a lot of stuff especially in CA that has historically
been multi use. Although they purport to work with IMBA and so on, they
seem to be weighted on the side of hikers-no bikers.

http://www.sierraclub.org/policy/con...on/mtnbike.asp

http://www.warriorssociety.org/News/...ssAlert13.html

(best I can go on google for now)

Penny