Old May 23rd 05, 03:42 PM
Maggie

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
So don't bother. Cycling head injuries are rare, helmets are not
proven to prevent any meaningful proportion of serious injuries, and
there are very few "old, bold bikers" - you are probably sufficiently
skilled and risk averse to avoid a crash in the first place.

Relax and enjoy the ride :-)

Guy

I was going to say that, but I thought I would be lynched. I never wear
a helmet when I am cycling around town. I am not a daredevil, I am
usually in a park, the only times I have been hurt so far was while
"walking in front of a cyclist" and at a "rest stop".

IMO - A person who rides like me, usually does not fall on their head.
It is usually a leg scrap for something. Unless this gentleman is into
riding in alot of traffic or pushing himself to the limit....I think he
can get away without a helmet to give him a comfortable ride. I bought
a helmet for the charity ride, if I had not needed it, I probably still
would not have one.
Maggie