Old September 4th 19, 09:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Possible to get a low spot out of a TUBULAR tire?

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 01:16:34 -0700 (PDT), Chalo
wrote:

John B. wrote:
Maybe like them old guys riding those pedal bikes things when e-bikes
are just so much better - carry more, go faster, etc. :-)

Sure, I can get on board with that thinking. But when limiting the concern to scrupulously human powered contrivances only, I think time spent dicking around with your tires should most definitely count towards elapsed times. Including such nonsense would expose both tubies and tubeless for the losing propositions they are.

But can you ignore human nature? You give a guy a pair of shoes and
damned if he doesn't start begging for a bicycle and as soon as he
gets the bicycle he wants motor assistance.

Sooner or later he gets motor assistance and then it is a car and soon
after the car he wants a Mercedes. Never happy, these people.
--
cheers,

John B.