Old April 1st 18, 04:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Help With Choosing 700c Inner Tube

On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 10:38:18 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

The tire tube I have now that is flat referenced above is standard.
I would prefer it if the Walmart standard tube above will work
since the only hand pump I have is standard. If not and the second
option with the Presta valve is the only way to go then I am going
to try a trick I saw online cutting off the top of the valve cap and
trying that with the standard pump. Thanks.

A Schrader to Presta adapter for your pump is fairly cheap, but a
more-serious problem is that a Presta valve is going to rattle around
in a hole drilled for Schrader. But when I Froogled to find out how
to spell Schrader, the third hit was a $2.95 sleeve to put around a
Presta valve to make it fit a Schrader rim.

(Or by standard, did you mean Woods? I presume Schrader, since you
are shopping at Walmart.)

You can get better-informed opinions by posting on rec.bicycles.tech

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net