Old August 3rd 05, 01:47 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default SRAM 9Spd Chain on Campy 10Spd?

David Patnaude wrote:
I have been running a real mismatch of components. Current setup includes
Campy Centaur 10 Spd rear derailleur with a 9 Spd SRAM cassette and chain.
The front derailleur and chanrings are Shimano Ultegra. Levers are Campy 10
Spd.

I am looking into purchasing a set of new wheels for the bike and would
like to get a Campy 10 Spd rear wheel.

There don't seem to be many options out there for 10 Spd chains.

Campagnolo, Wipperman, KMC, shimano, even a Sram PC-89r(same width as a
Campag 10s chain)....same 'options' as 9s, more than 8s...

Can I run the SRAM 9 Spd chain with a Campy 10 Spd cassette?

If I can't use the SRAM chain, what are the suggestions for a Campy
compatible 10 Spd chain?

Thanks,
Dave