Old September 3rd 19, 02:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

Default Does anything dissolve paint thinner

On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 6:52:32 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/2/2019 1:51 PM, AK wrote:
I use paint thinner and an old tooth brush to clean my bike chain.

Is there anything I can spray on the chain to dissolve the thinner or do I have to manually rub it off with a rag?

I am open to recommendations to anyone who actually uses one of those chain cleaners.

Thanks,
Andy

p.s.
Any particular reason you don't use auto disc brake cleaner?
It's cheap and available everywhere which is why it's a
popular cleaning agent. Ours is a mix of alcohol and acetone
but I'm sure other similar versions exist.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

I found a more environmentally clean option.

Homemade water based cleaner recipe that worked well in a sprayer bottle.

8 oz. water
1 Tbsp Vinegar
1 Tbsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Dish Soap