Old May 15th 06, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Lights without batteries?

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , Steve Watkin
') wrote:

Any one got any knowledge of these?
http://www.goodbyebatteries.com/

They look too good to be true, and if they look like that they normally
are!!

It's a very primitive dynamo. It probably works for some value of -
particularly with LEDs which don't need much power - but I'd be very
surprised if it's usfully bright.

Considering that there does not appear to be any storage within the
light for stand time, I would also avoid like the proverbial.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"There is a wicked pretense that one has been informed. But no
such thing has truly occurred! A mere slogan, an empty litany.
No arguments are heard, no evidence is weighed. It isn't news at
all, only a source of amusement for idlers." (Gibson-Sterling,
The Difference Engine)