Old January 24th 09, 03:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Gluing Tread on a Tubular Casing

Hi, I am going to attempt to re-tread a tubular tire, anyone got any
ideas about that? What is the best way to remove an old tread and
what kind of glue will stick a new tread (from a clincher) to a
casing.
I am hoping to remove a dried, cracked tread from a Challenge
Cyclocross tubular and then glue the tread from a Specialized or Kenda
clincher tire to the casing.
I have heard rumors that A. Dugast performs this service and I have
seen some custom tubulars so I know it is possible.
Cheers,
Simon