Old September 2nd 19, 06:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default 50.4 BCD TA vs. VO

On 2/9/19 2:16 pm, John B. Slocomb wrote:

I wouldn't argue except to say that over the years I've owned quite a
number of bicycles which undoubtedly had varying BB width... and I've
never been able to tell the difference. I've never jumped on a bike
and thought "Gee, those pedals are a long ways apart" or conversely,
"Gee those pedals are really close together".

I think "Gee those pedals are a long way apart" when I ride my MTB.

It's another reason I don't like riding that bike, and why I bought a
gravel/touring bike that has a similar (if not the same) Q factor as my
road bike.

--
JS