Old May 24th 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default How can I blacken stainless steel spokes?

On May 23, 8:02*pm, Still Just Me
wrote:
On Sat, 23 May 2009 13:13:40 -0700 (PDT), someone

wrote:
On 23 May, 17:16, Still Just Me
wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2009 21:31:06 -0700 (PDT), someone

wrote:
gravity and magnetism are magic. *I'll use magic if it will help.

Reasons for those forces are unknown, all we have are theories on how
they work. So, magic, God, take your pick - just be sure to pre-stress
your spokes so that the spoke God won't be offended.

Back to CERN now to spend a few billion more to collide some particles
that were never supposed to collide here on Earth and see if the magic
wears off.

What gave you the idea there's a spoke god?

It's in the Bible. Ezekiel saw the wheel, way up in the air.

And it apparently had no broken spokes, or Zeke would have mentioned
them.

- Frank Krygowski