Old April 17th 15, 05:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Reviving the Avocet 25 bicycle computer

On 4/16/2015 5:34 PM, wrote:
I have a full mount for avocet 25. Including the magnet. Not the computer. It is effectively new. Let me k ow if anyone wants it.

Thanks, but no. I've got a couple extra Avocet mounts.

The only reason I'm replying is to say I spent yesterday reviving an
Avocet 30. I popped it open and cleaned contacts between the LCD screen
and the circuit board, and re-flexed the battery contacts. I also
cleaned up any nicks and imperfections that might have been preventing
the two halves of the body from closing completely. It had been getting
a little wonky, with the display dimming from time to time; then it
conked out completely on one ride.

Finicky work indeed. But I did it because I've still got Avocet mounts
on five bikes. I swap the computer between them.

--
- Frank Krygowski