Old December 14th 18, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Stupid People And Cheap Carbon Rims

On Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 8:23:22 AM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 2:57:06 PM UTC, wrote:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...8&&FORM=VDRVRV

Is this supposed to be vindication for a bad choice? Note that the 38mm tubeless set is four times what you paid for your wheels. https://www.yoeleobike.com/ https://www.yoeleobike.com/disc-brak...-c38-road.html It also comes with DT hubs, making it a good value. The daily sale aluminum/carbon wheels with no-name hubs are still more than twice what you paid. https://www.yoeleobike.com/carbon-al...lset-50mm.html

Moreover, Yoeleo has made an effort to legitimize itself with a plausible web-presence, claimed UCI "approval" and other hallmarks of a legitimate business. We know nothing about your $250 FleaBay purchase. Who made your wheels that, by the way, exploded. The issue is not the fact they were manufactured in China. My Emonda SLR was made in China -- it just wasn't some POS knock-off with an unknown pedigree.

-- Jay Beattie.

Tell us Jay - do you use carbon wheels? Or do you as seems to be normal here criticize other people's choices? You have already given us the idea that you live on the hill in a gated community and don't even pay any attention to the town you supposedly call home.