Old May 25th 04, 08:00 PM
Jacques Moser

Default More Paris Cycling - Along Southern Rim

On Tue, 25 May 2004 10:35:37 +0200, Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:

Now I'm wondering if those protesters weren't right? What need for a
specialized cycling lane on a route which already functions so well?
Granted, sharing a lane with buses is a Faustian bargain, but they make
much better companions than baby carriages. I DO NOT WANT TO SHARE MY LANE
WITH F*%^$**ING BABY-CARRIAGES!!! And having seen what happened with the
much hyped Coulée Verte, I worry about a repeat. Yes, give the cyclists
their lane; force them to share it with pedestrians, roller-bladers and
dog-walkers, simultaneously ban them from the roads "because they have
their own lane". Then let the lane rot and become overrun with tree roots.

Why don't you also post this to fr.misc.transport.velo ? That NG could do
with a few good posts like yours to trigger some activity and good debate
!

Jacques