Old April 2nd 05, 06:04 AM

Your personal experience is not proof of anything.

Aluminum is not designed to be stressed. The clever workaround is the
replaceable, breakaway, derailleur hanger, which is designed to

prevent
frame damage. As the orignal poster found, things don't always fail

in
the perfect manner. Aluminum has some good attributes, it's light and
it's cheap. But in some cases, it's better to have something bendable
than breakable.

:-) "Aluminum is not designed to be stressed!" IOW, we should all
rush out and get good solid steel parts to replace our aluminum frames.
And aluminum cranks. And aluminum brakes. And aluminum derailleurs.
And handlebars. And stems. And rims. And hubs. And seatposts...

Sadly, I don't think your posts have anything to do with April First!

- Frank Krygowski

posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see
http://rbor.org/