Old April 2nd 05, 08:25 AM
Robert Chung

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Look, it was his own damn fault. Frames don't fail that way without
some measure of operator error. He should suck it up and buy a new
bike or frame and not expect Trek to cover for his mistakes.

Several years ago, while JRA, I ran over a stick (or perhaps, a vicious
and wily stick jumped up and attacked my innocent rear wheel). It lodged
into the wheel and ripped the derailleur out of the rear hanger, bent the
aluminum hanger, broke one spoke and bent a couple of others. I consider
that my own damn fault, not the manufacturer's.

Dan complained:
I was not happy. I had to walk 8 miles home while contending
with a pair of minor stress fractures in the legs

Poor baby. I took out my CPR-9, removed the broken derailleur, shortened
the chain to turn the bike into a single-speed, and did a rough true of
the wheel. Then I rode 10 miles home.