Old August 8th 11, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default JOGLE ride report

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011 09:07:09 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

"TWO friends from Petersfield have returned home safely after the ride of a
lifetime. Former The Petersfield School pupils Danny Cameron (20), of Broom
Road, and Doug Harwood (20), of Holt Down, cycled the length of Britain from
John O'Groats to Lands End in less than a fortnight.

The duo pedalled for 75 miles each day, wearing heavy back packs and without
any support vehicle.Danny, who works at Tesco on The Causeway, said: "We
just basically ate, cycled and slept. "We brought a two-man tent with us and
just pitched it on the side of roads, or wherever."We asked pubs if we could
stay in their pub gardens, otherwise it was farmers' fields, or on the grass
verge in service stations."

Doug, a student at the University of Hertfordshire, added: "Washing was
basically done with baby wipes - it gets to a point where showering is a bit
of a waste of time if you get up and are straight on the bike again.

http://www.petersfieldpost.co.uk/new...time_1_2938655

"Washing was basically done with baby wipes"

Dirty *******s - typical push-bikers.
--
Simple Simon Mason - who cycles at 25mph in 20mph limits just because the limits do not apply to cyclists.
This includes exceeding the speed limit past three schools. A total disregard for the well-being of vulnerable road users.