Old August 8th 11, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

Default JOGLE ride report

On 08/08/2011 09:07, Simon Mason wrote:

http://www.petersfieldpost.co.uk/news/bordonfriends_had_the_ride_of_a_lifetime_1_2938655

"TWO friends from Petersfield have returned home safely after the ride of a
lifetime. Former The Petersfield School pupils Danny Cameron (20), of Broom
Road, and Doug Harwood (20), of Holt Down, cycled the length of Britain from
John O'Groats to Lands End in less than a fortnight.
The duo pedalled for 75 miles each day, wearing heavy back packs and without
any support vehicle.Danny, who works at Tesco on The Causeway, said: "We just
basically ate, cycled and slept. "We brought a two-man tent with us and just
pitched it on the side of roads, or wherever."We asked pubs if we could stay
in their pub gardens, otherwise it was farmers' fields, or on the grass verge
in service stations."
Doug, a student at the University of Hertfordshire, added: "Washing was
basically done with baby wipes - it gets to a point where showering is a bit
of a waste of time if you get up and are straight on the bike again."

Some of us who have colleagues who are keen commuted by bike have already
been enlightened as to that line of thinking.