Old February 9th 18, 06:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Battery Replacement on Lights with Internal Li-Ion Batteries

On 08/02/18 21:08, Joerg wrote:

snip

Ye olde 2.4W + 0.6W with a dynamo? When riding at a good clip, meaning
north of 15mph, those never lasted much longer than a month for me. Even
if they didn't blow their filament right away the bulbs turned black
inside and became dimmer than they were already to begin with. When I
was a teenager I started equipping my bikes with what the automotive
industry already understood over 100 years ago, brighter lights, a
battery and charging system. Soon the German police wanted to give me a
ticket for "non-standard" lighting. Luckily by that time I was a Dutch
resident and they had to let me go.

Those 2.4W bulbs were a joke. My bikes (after my teenage years) always
had better lighting than that. Now it's all LED on my bikes but the real
stuff with more than 500 lumens.

There is a bloke that cycles the opposite way to me on my commute. He
uses a halogen bulb and the orange tint brings back memories. Fine to
be seen with, useless to see with.