Old December 18th 17, 08:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default New B&M 100lux headlight.

On 11/21/2017 2:34 PM, James wrote:
https://www.bike24.com/p2144878.html

From the description it sounds like they've addressed one of the big
complaints of lower-power lights, the lack of peripheral illumination.
Since it's StVZO, they could not include a flash mode for the DRL which
is too bad. On one of my bicycles I have what I believe is the only
dynamo light with a flash mode, but it's not my primary light because it
isn't bright enough. On my Dahon folder, I have one of the best dynamo
lights available, and it's sufficient for lower speed rides that don't
involve dark trails.

As an aside, related to "dark bicycle infrastructure," I inquired from
our traffic engineer as to whether or not a new planned path would have
lighting, and he said, "probably not" since it will be on Santa Clara
County Water District land and they don't want lighting in riparian
areas, even though in this case it's not a creek, just a drainage ditch.
I'd like to see lighting as it will end up being a heavily used
multi-use trail if it is ever built, including night and early morning.