Old July 28th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
helpdeskuni

Default New Pink Trials Cycle & Chick Magnet Shirt

Any Terrain wrote:
And jack up the price because it is pink? $500! Wasn't the green one
from a few months ago only $400? I don't think the green one had a
green rim, but that, the color, and not getting a "free" shirt are the
only diffrence, does it cost $100 to paint a rim (oh, and put pedal
protectors on).
I would understand the price if the pink saddle cover was standard on
it and didn't mark the price up another $25.

EDIT: The old one was $365

The Green cycle from previous was $365, and was being sold at a major
discount. It would not be economical for us to continue to sell the
cycle at this cost, because we'd be taking a loss.

The cycle cost should actually be much more than it is being sold for
currently. And to answer your question, yes, it does cost $100 to
custom paint a rim and frame, add pedal protectors, a free shirt, and
custom build a wheel from scratch. You have to figure in shipcost
because we have to ship away all the parts being powdercoated, and then
we have to have them re-shipped to us. Then the cost of the paint and
labor per wheel & frame.

If you don't appreciate the cycle, don't buy it. simple as that. we
won't take it personally

--
helpdeskuni