Old April 4th 09, 04:25 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Default I get 3 miles per banana, do you?

aka Jon Isaacs wrote:
[...]
- Those Honda Horses, they pretty much in someones head, ask that
motor to actually put out 160hp for a moment, oh one probably did it
for a moment or two on a test stand somewhere before it exploded.
Those Caterpillar Horses, they are right there and real... The run in
for a Cummins diesel used to be an hour on a Dyno... The spec was
that if the engine had to produce at least 96% of the rated power for
15 minutes, otherwise it needed fixin'...

Oh well...[...]

Oh please! I flogged a Honda D16Z6 mercilessly for 160K, and at the end
of that time the compression was fine and it never used a noticeable
amount of oil. Average fuel consumption never dropped off. No
maintenance was done on the engine proper besides oil and coolant changes.

The same engine that maxed out at 125 HP SAE Net stock could put out
over twice as much when after market turbocharged.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll