Old November 6th 17, 06:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Stupid cyclist tricks

On 06/11/17 03:00, Frank Krygowski wrote:

snip

IME, they often do on Mixed Use Paths. Sometimes four abreast. Add a dog
on a long leash and pedestrians' random motion, and it can make things
rather exciting.

Oooh, don't start me on those ****ing stupid ****ing retractable
leashes! Cycling along minding my own business on a tarmacked bike
path[1] with matey boy stopped for a smoke while his canine ball licker
has a ****. You've guessed it, opposite sides, 30ft of leash. I *just*
spotted it and stopped. I was doing about 12mph, Dog[2] only knows what
would have happened to the poor bloody thing if I'd hit it.

[1] It actually had vehicular access but since it goes nowhere it's very
rare to see any cars on it.
[2] See what I did there?