Old July 23rd 05, 06:23 PM
Robin Hubert

Default Brake Trouble / Road Bike

Rob wrote:
Hello.

I just changed the brake cable on my old Myata Road bike..it has Shimano 105
Brakes when I apply the rear brake the one pad stays on the rim it does not
spring back into place the brake levers are also 105 AERO they are not STI
how can I fix this problem ? are I installing the cable wrong ?

Thanks

Rob Wille

The problem is your (lack of) punctuation. Or isn't you?

Please answer these questions:

- Did you replace the inner wire only, or did you also replace the outer
(housing)?
- If you installed housing, did you cut it cleanly?
- Is it possible you kinked the cable?
- Have you pulled the cable out to have a look?
- Did you mess around with the caliper?
- How does the brake caliper behave without the cable attached (squeeze it)?

Please try to use punctuation it is really nice I mean people don't like
reading stuff without it the right thing you are more likely to get
answers don't be stubborn what am I doing?

Robin (message lost in the delivery) Hubert