Old May 6th 08, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Mark T[_2_]

Default SPD Agony!

Artemisia writtificated

Is this normal? Is it something "you just get used to"?

Sounds like the shoes are too small. I would divert to the nearest bike
shop that stocks shoes and buy another pair.

Many people have to go a size up to get a shoe that fits, so it is
essential you try them on before buying.

When wearing the shoes they should not be tight and the toes should not
touch the front of the shoe. I always get shoes where I can wiggle my toes
a little.

For touring a shoe with a more flexible sole is desirable - this makes it
easier to walk in.