Old July 23rd 04, 05:57 PM
Tony Raven

Default Booking Bikes on Virgin - Easy

Jon Senior wrote:

I once travelled in the same carriage as a pair of train guards who
(With regard to Virgin) remarked: "Who wants to use a train service that
doesn't go all the way?".

Jon

Well I'm just in the middle of my Virgin journey. No first class seats
left when I booked earlier in the week so I got a normal seat
reservation. Sat here cramped up for five hours in a seat which has a
socket to power my laptop but not enough room to open a laptop up!.
Train is packed and many are standing all the way. So for twice the
price of doing the same journey by car I have a cramped uncomfortable
noisy seat instead of a comfy car seat where I can relax, listen to the
radio, stop when I want to have a coffee (no chance here, too crowded in
the aisle to get there and they are announcing they have no change in
the on-board shop so no payment with notes)

This is one of the new Voyager trains so we can't expect the situation
to improve with new rolling stock

Ah well, never again

Tony