Old March 6th 05, 11:00 PM
Rich

Claire Petersky wrote:

Mom and kid were on a
fat-tire tandem, a brand I did not recognize. None of them had bikie gear:
no bike shorts, no gloves, flat pedals --

They'd like to join us again next week, but I know we'll have some faster
paced riders for sure next week, and I don't know exactly what to do.

The other possibility is to discourage them from riding with us.

Interesting. My wife and I showed up at the last club ride the local
bike club had last year on our fat-tire tandem with little biking gear
pulling our kid in a burley trailer behind us. It was a short family
ride, and we were the only non-club people there.

After the ride there was a brief discussion about the 2005 ride schedule
and it was apparent to me they were really not in favor of that,
although they didn't outright say so. Perhaps one of them are awaiting
a response to this as well...

Rich

P.S. I know we can't currently keep up the pace with the trailer fro
20-30 miles, and given the cyclocomputer is on the stoker's handlebars
I'm pretty sure my wife is aware as well. We'll either not show up at
another club ride or do so without the kid & trailer. We're not in
super shape, but I think we can keep up if the road is flat, given we're
on a tandem.