Old July 17th 06, 06:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

Default Four punctures and three patches.

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:39:37 +0100, Mike Causer
wrote:

You would have thought that 3 patches in the puncture kit would be
sufficient for a gentle 20km pootle, including a river-bank I haven't
traversed before, wouldn't you? No, there were 4 holes. One I found
right away, very ragged, glass probably. The next two were sharp grit
still in the tyre, funnily enough the same coloured grit that "S" use on
the section of NCN11 that I'd just ridden along. The fourth was a thorn.

When down to my last patch, I cut them in half if I can get away with
it.