Old September 13th 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default A demented theory of why Lance is coming back

In article
,
wrote:

On Sep 12, 3:52*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"mtb Dad" wrote in message

On Sep 12, 12:08 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Lance was never particularly enthusiastic about doping from a
philosophical point of view. He saw it as a necessary part of racing,
and feared getting popped only slightly less than he feared losing.

I think that he probably was using all sorts of drugs before his cancer as
was noted by Andreu's wife and then used as proof that because he used drugs
before he got so near death it proved that he used drugs after.

you wouldn't consider andreu's wife might have been bought for false
testimony by the insurance company that owed lance ? who were the
doctors in the room at the time ? men in black perhaps ?

Well, I'd consider that, but it requires a pretty big conspiracy, for a
pretty small payoff.

What would it cost to buy off Betsy? "A lot" is my guess; by any
calculus such a lie was going to seriously screw up her husband's life
and career (and I'd argue that's what happened).

Then you have to look at the real return to the insurers, who would
specifically reap that yield, and the monstrously large penalties if any
one of the conspirators were caught.

--
Ryan Cousineau
http://www.wiredcola.com/