Old August 2nd 05, 05:28 PM
Sandy

Default Latex on tubular base tape

Dans le message de
ups.com,
Qui si parla Campagnolo a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
wrote:
Matt Roberts writes:

I don't want to step in the middle of this...I ride clinchers, but I
remember the sweet feel of my gl-330's w/ vittora criteriums. I
still have the wheels, I just need to rebuild 'em with a new
hub....but I digress.

I see you want I should do a web search to prove your point.
Please give a URL that clearly shows the tubular tire being used
by "most" TdF riders.

Some of these folks clearly have a 'dog in the hunt,' but FWIW, at
http://www.velonews.com/tour2005/tec...es/8566.0.html Zinn
interviews a few people who estimate 80% or more use tubulars at the
Tour.

I see no pictures that show tubulars. Zinn's line is the same one
repeated all over the place.

Jobst Brandt

Holy crap Jobst, he was there as well as a few others from VN, that
actually saw that most of the bicycles had carbon and aluminum rims
and tubulars. The only guys using clinchers were those who are
sponsored to ride them.

Remember Michelin tubulars, care to guess why they made them in the
first place?

Instead of wandering around on the 'net', since you are retired, why
not spend some time at the euro races and then some time in a local
bike shop. I know of a couple in your area that would welcome your
visit.

Please don't take offense, Peter. I am here to back you up, really.
If anyone were to scan the declarations made by the teams, that person would
find that 17 of the 22 teams use tubulars for all stages, and two of the
remaining five use them for time trials. This information comes from the
teams, and is usually collected by the media. It happens that the list I
used was in Le Cycle, where all components of all bikes were listed in the
Tour special insert.

Briefly, Peter, you are totally on target and right. Your experience is
broad based, and much more representative of reality than misinformation
offered by others. I have sent Mr Brandt the excepts of the tire testing
which seems to cut his blather down to size. I sent him a subscription form
for one magazine I read, and I think folks in other countries could probably
send others. Even in English, from England, where they do good reporting.
But he won't buy it, preferring to bark and grumble and scoff.

For my part, I gave up tubulars only because I have ten glue magnets on my
hands, and it really is a better clincher world today than 20 years ago.

If you found it out of context for me to write something nice to you, well,
I will just have to wait for the next opportunity to mend my ways. Or I
could, right here, mention that virtually all cranksets using integrated
axles and outrider bearings have been tested substantially stiffer than any
square taper crankset. (Though I do not think we (little riders) really
want anything so extremely stiff.
--
Bonne route !

Sandy