Old April 12th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Default Is there any bike related postings here anymore?

In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:
Jay Bollyn wrote:
"Kevin" wrote in message
Just curious... :-) It looks more like an ebay store front.

Kevin

I guess you missed my RBT face plant thread?

I hope the Electra survived without damage.

I sing the bicycle Electra.
If you're feeling frowny,
get thee aboard a Townie.

I can't even begin to imagine wiping out
on one of those things.

Are they bunny-hoppable? I guess even if
they were, all yer groceries would fly out
of the basket. Baguettes de la rue.
For some reason, a dozen eggs survives
pavemental jolts better than a half-dozen eggs.
Grocery shopping by bike is fraught with such
nuances. And the clerk will always fill your
shopping bags in the worst possible combinations,
like putting your loaf of bread next to a big,
floppy can of V8 in the same bag. And (especially
if you're obviously riding 'cuz you've got a
helmet on) the clerk will assume you're gonna
hang everything on your handlebar, so she'll
automatically double-bag everything until you
ask her to please stop doing that while handing
her your re-usable muslin shopping bags to put
everything into. And then, when you get outside
the store, you've still gotta reorganize everything
before you lade your bike with it.

It's good to return home with uncompressed bread
and unbroken eggs.

cheers,
Tom

--