Old August 9th 04, 10:16 PM
B. Lafferty

Default Armstrong Acromegaly?

"Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS" wrote in message
B. Lafferty wrote:

Setting aside any reference to a specific cyclist, I recall two or three
years ago there were reports (CyclingNews perhaps) about riders using

HGH
and having dental and foot surgery as a result.

Hmm. I'm not sure what the dental problem would be. I believe HGH
does act as a glucocorticoid, and could interfere with inflammation and
healing processes in the mouth. And diebetics tend to have aggressive
periodontal disease, but this would be a very late effect--years later.

Steve

My understanding is that causes certain bones to start growing again
resulting in elongation of the jaw, hands and feet. I would assume that
growth in the jaw would affect a person's bite and could lead to other
dental problems, no? It would be a pain to have to keep getting bigger
shoes, I guess.