Old March 29th 04, 10:17 PM
Chris B.

Default "Actually you are the first person to bring up this issue"

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:53:42 -0800, Benjamin Lewis
wrote:

Chris B. wrote:

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

"Chris Malcolm" wrote:

Since most bike brakes are capable of skidding the front wheel in most
circs, all that better brakes give you is finer control of braking
force and less grip effort.

And less fade.

Why?

Brake fade is bad. If brakes give you less of it, it follows that they are
better, all else being equal.

I agree but the implication was that disc brakes are more fade
resistant (all of the other points Guy mentioned were positive traits
of disc brakes), although this isn't clear by looking at the quoted
section. No doubt Guy will clarify if he was instead referring to rim
brakes. Again, I often hear that disc brakes are less prone to fade
resistant and I wonder if it is true and why.