Old October 22nd 04, 03:27 PM
Matt O'Toole

Ian Walker wrote:

In article ,

Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:

Thanks for clarifying. The reason I didn't get it is that I was not
imagining the
possibility of locking bikes at the departure and arrival stations.
There is no
secure parking (in fact, no bike racks at all) at either station or
at the bus
stop, and the bikes can only be stored safely at home or in my
office next to me.
Apart from that, it's not a bad idea.

When I worked in Germany, this was precisely what a lot of my
colleagues did - a cheap old bike locked at each station. Great idea.

In Japan, they have secure bike parking at many train stations, often with an
attendant. Not that a bike would be stolen or vandalized in Japan anyway...

One of the better ideas to come along in awhile is Bikestation:

http://bikestation.org/

Matt O.